Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Buck Denver asks...Why do we call it Christmas?

I was given this product to provide a review, please go to Christianbook.com to get more information.

This is a 45 minute video that presents lots of information about Christmas and the meaning behind it. It always brings the focus back to Jesus.  There's information about how Christmas got it's name, where Christmas trees began being used in decorating, Santa clause and much more.  Honestly, I learned a few things! 

My 3 year old daughter enjoyed it and sat through the entire video, but I think she'll get more out of it as she gets older.  She hasn't asked to watch it again, but  right now the Polar Express is magical for her.

I was impressed with all the information in the video from the creator of veggie tales, Phil Vischer. I'm always excited to have a product that brings the focus back to the reason our family celebrates Christmas.    Our society is so focused on Christmas, as in getting more stuff, that sometimes I feel the meaning can get lost. 

My parents made a point in my childhood years to bring the focus back to Jesus Christ and that has always left an impact on me.  I want to do the same for my daughter and this video will continue to be part of our Christmas tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment