Friday, November 4, 2011

Busy week....

I'm having minor foot surgery on Monday.  Since, I have no idea how much pain I'll be in I've been frantically cooking meals for our freezer. I LOVE having things in the freezer on days I don't want to cook, but I have extra for next week.

This is what I have so far: alfredo sauce (chicken is already cooked too), spaghetti sauce, beef barley soup, chicken enchiladas, and a beef casserole.

Since I'm a fan of these yogurt smoothies by yoplait, I decided to try making my own to save money.  I used Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt and froze it in ice cube trays.  Once they were frozen I put 4 frozen cubes in a sandwich size zip lock bag, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 3/4 cup strawberries. I used 2 ice cube trays, so I was able to make 7 of these.  I'll let you know how they are once I blend one for myself.
All of this hard work to make sure I stay on track and eat healthy(especially since my activity level will be drastically lowered)!  It is cold here, so drinking a smoothie isn't the most pleasant idea.  However, I'll probably drink tea right after. 

On to other things:

If I lived in the Seattle area, I'd totally apply to volunteer as a brooks model to get free brooks stuff: https://brooksinspiringcoaches.wufoo.com/forms/volunteer-as-a-brooks-model/

Active bands giveaway on:  http://www.enduranceisntonlyphysical.com/

Still using the Duggar family laundry detergent and still liking it.  I still have lots left and we are saving money by using it!

Have any of you tried these cheat foods? If you have, please let  me know which ones are your favorites.

If you want to read Heaven is for Real, email me.  You might just get a free book!

No comments:

Post a Comment