Saturday, September 24, 2011

Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs

Ok, so the title of this workout is just that, killer buns and thighs.  Tried it for the first time last week and thought my legs were going to die in the first 10 minutes. I did this workout without doing the modified version for beginners...BIG mistake!  I was so sore the next day and my back went out.  I think I was sore for 3 days!

Since I learned from that, this week I decided to do the modified version of level 1 for beginners.  My back didn't go out this week and I wasn't nearly as sore.

I've had hip and low back issues since high school, which is due to genetics. These problems were enhanced after having my 1 and only child.  When she was 2 years old, I went to a physical therapist who told me my pelvis was still tilted from pregnancy and for some women it takes years to recover(not exactly what I wanted to hear!). Last week I was so disappointed when my back went out because usually that means I'm out of the workout groove for a while.  However, this time was different.  Since I'm in better shape, I saw improvement quickly in my back.  I'm still  modifying certain exercises, but it didn't stop me dead in my tracks... CELEBRATION DANCE!

Some people aren't fans of Jillian.  The reason I am:  I  get results from her workouts and they are affordable.  As usual, consistency is key to seeing results along with eating healthy.
 
I'm no fitness trainer, but I'd recommend doing the modified version for beginners your first time trying the workout.  This way you can see how your body responds and step it up the next time around if you feel like your body can take it.  Oh, and avoiding injury is always a good thing!


Thanks Jillian for this workout, I've been wanting a focused workout like this for some time now :)

2 comments: