Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mammie's Chewy Choclate Chip Cookies



For the 4th of July I was asked to bring cookies. My daughter loves to cook which makes this the perfect combination!

Little Missy calls my mom Mammie.  I've adapted her recipe and added my own touch, but the credit needs to go to her...she did teach me to cook after all!

1 1/4 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 cup Quaker Oats old fashioned oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips


In a medium bowl combine flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
Gradually add the flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop on nonstick cookie sheet by small spoonfuls
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-11 minutes.  

**I cooked mine for about 9 minutes, but cooking times will vary depending on weather, oven, and how much cookie dough you dropped on your cookie sheet.  For chewy cookies, see note below:

The best way to get chewy cookies is to bring them out of the oven a little undercooked.  Golden brown on the edges only.  If they are golden brown all over they will be more on the crunchy side, it all depends on your preferences.

I'm still enjoying my good cookie spatula and I highly recommend using one.  Good Cookie Spatula Link is below the picture: 




No comments:

Post a Comment