Saturday, November 10, 2012

Just writing...

We went to Applebee's the other night.  When leaving I told my hubby it was nice to be at a place that was somewhat "familiar" because we would go to the nearest Applebee's every now and then before we moved.  But then, it triggered something in me and I pretty much burst into tears.  I said, "Maybe it wasn't such a good idea because I'm now reminded more than ever how much I miss everything in Pullman."

Today I woke up missing all that was familiar in my life in Pullman.  I missed my house(our 1st house as a married couple), my friends, church and the beginning of the snow season that created such fun memories. I know my hubby feels the same because he actually said something along the lines about not minding shoveling snow again.  I never thought I'd hear him utter those words.

And, instead of pushing down my feelings, I realize I need to let myself grieve the loss I'm feeling.  It is a loss.  A loss I feel deeply as if someone has taken away a piece of me I can't get back.  In my heart I know it was time to move on, but that doesn't change what I feel. And yet, just writing those words has been healing for me.

I know God brought us here for a reason.  I also have to remind myself we've moved 2 times in the last 5 months and I'm still getting settled into this apartment.  Along with the fact that we are preparing for the arrival of child #2.  My daughter misses her friends and is trying to comprehend what it will be like to have a baby brother.  And, the list could go on and on...

At the same time I think about all the transition we are going through, I also realize we are doing well getting established.  We found a church home quickly and  are making friends.  I found a great bible study I'm enjoying and my daughter loves too! Family is nearby.  My hubby has a good job.  God is providing all our needs. I have a lot to be thankful for and joyful about!

 soursce: spiritualinspiration.tumblr.com



1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this post. I went through the same thing when we moved from California to Oregon away from all our family and friends, everything we had ever known. We were optimistic and excited about all the changes but some moments you do just have to grieve in order to embrace the next leg of your journey. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete