Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Makeover: No Poo

Ok, so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting to this blog, but I'm gonna try. Here goes...

Have any of you out there heard about "no poo"? Well, I recently read about it and my first thought was that's gross. First of all, anything with poo in it doesn't sound enticing to a mother of a newborn. Changing diapers all the time just makes me think of poop. I'm sure I just grossed out many of you, LOL!

However, the concept of not shampooing kept me coming back to google searches to read more and watch videos. 
 My thoughts were,
not washing your hair...way gross
but...the idea intrigued me.
 I continued reading and there's plenty of recipes for a baking soda wash and apple cider vinegar rinse. AND, it is supposed to be good for curly hair. Which I have.

Since moving back to the Portland area, my hair has felt dry and I've gotten tired of wasting money trying new products. And, I didn't want to pay salon prices for shampoo. Other people who "no poo" want to avoid the chemicals in shampoos. That wasn't what drew me to give this a try.

I have been shampoo free for a week and a half now.  I'm waiting for the transition period to begin...but it would be super awesome if it didn't!

Week 1 observations:
Hair dries faster
Curls better
Softer than ever before
Generally feels healthier
Using less product(more about this on Friday)  


I followed the recipe that's in this video: Ashley's Green Life: No Poo Method
I would love to hear from those who are currently using the "no poo" method!
And make sure to check out Leah Gillen's site for her Makeover Monday post.

No comments:

Post a Comment