Friday, October 21, 2011

Tomato soup recipe


Tried a new tomato soup recipe I found online somewhere(didn't right down the link...I apologize).  It was yummy, so here it is:

2-28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1-14.5 oz can chicken broth
18 fresh basil leaves, minced
1 tsp sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup butter

Bring tomatoes and broth to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
Add basil and sugar
Reduce heat to low, stir in cream and butter
Cook until butter is melted

*When I try a new recipe, I like to follow the exact recipe so I know what it is supposed to taste like. The next time I make it, I make changes to make it healthier or just change the taste to our liking.

**What I'd do next time to reduce calories:  replace whipping cream with milk and try 1/4 cup butter.  I may even try throwing this in the crockpot and add cornstarch to thicken the soup. I will soon be making this for my mom and will let you know how it turns out...

**Although making it for my mom was much healthier, I liked it with the original way.  So, I'll splurge every now and then to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment