Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Makeover: Healthy hair


I took last week off to focus on my daughter's birthday party.  So hard to believe she turned 5!

I'm continuing on the no shampoo journey.  It has been over a month since I started and I have figured out some things that work. Here's what I've been doing:

1.  1 tablespoon baking soda mixed with 1 cup water (in a spray bottle).
On the day I wash my hair, I spray it with he baking soda mixture.  I treat my hair as if I'm shampooing it and then rinse very well.

2. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar in 1/2 cup water (in spray bottle)
This is my conditioner.  I spray my hair really well making sure to massage my scalp.  Then I put my hair in a clip and leave it till the end of my shower.  The last thing I do in my shower is remove the clip and rinse my hair very well.  After that I wring out my hair, flip my head over, then run my fingers through my hair(this replaces brushing my hair because I have natural curls). This is one of the best ways to get great curls!  After I take the towel off my head, I use my spray curling gel and scrunch my curls with a cotton T-shirt.

*I use the baking soda rinse every other day.  On the days I don't use the baking soda wash, I still use the cider vinegar rinse. This rinses any product that was used the previous day.

3. 1 time per week I moisturize with a honey/olive oil mixture.  It is easiest to do this in the shower.  My hair is left feeling nice and it took away my itchy scalp/dandruff.

Next week I plan on focusing on workouts and refocusing my life as a mother of 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment