Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Makeover: Postpartum workouts

So, after a week of focusing on getting  housework done(not all the credit is mine...thanks mom), along with a family wedding..maybe it's time to relax???? Most likely not, but onto the next project.  The list goes on and on so I'll squeeze in naps as I can to try to get enough sleep.

The new focus on Monday makeover is my workout routine.  When I was pregnant, I had a specific fitness plan I had hoped to follow.
Here's my post:
Then I wrote about how I was having a hard time sticking to working out:Pregnancy fitness.  

I was so uncomfortable the last 3 months of my pregnancy, and anything I did actually caused more pain.  At that point I threw my workout plan out the window. Once I had my son, I realized why I was so uncomfortable.  He was born weighing in at 10 pounds  4 ounces and almost 23 inches long!


I was so excited when I was able to get in 4 days of workouts a week ago.  I rode my bike, did yoga, and a couple jillian michaels workouts.  This past week was quite disappointing for me though.  On Tuesday my back went out, which has been a chronic issue.
Here's a couple of my past posts about my back: 
 Journey to a new back: What's working

My back is improving, but I'm also being very careful and cautious.  I see a doctor on Wednesday and I'm hoping to get a referral for post partum physical therapy.  When my daughter was 3(she's now 5)  I went to physical therapy and was told my pelvis was still tilted from pregnancy.  I was also told this is a common issue for women.  Knowing my issues and that pregnancy enahances it my hope is to get on top of it before it gets worse. 

I've been a little discouraged, but I'm also hopeful that with some physical therapy I'll be able to get back into the workouts that I truly love!  And, I'm so thankful for my mom, who came out the following day after my back went out.  She did housework, brought lunch AND dinner along with cofffee and treats.  Thanks Mom, you are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment