Monday, June 24, 2013

I believe in Miracles...

I recently did a post about a family member who's cancer is back: Each Day Each Moment is a Gift. I'm still working through my emotions and I'm giving myself time to openly talk about it.  Also, I'm just letting myself feel the emotions so that I can move through them in a healthy manner.  For those of you that have walked the road of cancer with someone you love, how did you work through your emotions?

Harmony: http://harmlove.blogspot.com/ has been walking a tough road with her husband having cancer.  There have been some miracles happening though!  Read this specific post: http://harmlove.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-believe.html to get an update on the miracle and hope that is in her life!

I've also done a post about pediatric cancer: Good Cookie Spatula as cancer doesn't only affect adults.  It can show up in anyone at anytime.  I think that is what is so scary about cancer. It is silent and deadly.  Treatment is hard on the body with no guarantee of a positive outcome.

Heather Von St James contacted me about getting the word out about mesothelioma.  She is now cancer free even though her doctors gave her 15 months to live. Miracles do happen!

Click this link to watch her video: http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/

Cancer affects many, many people.  At this point, most of us have someone in our lives who has cancer and many of you have or have had cancer.  Please join me in praying for those who are currently battling cancer and their families too!

And, an update about other family situations in my life:


For those of you that have read my blog before, you've read about Sweet Rachael.  Here's a quick update: Rachael is still on the transplant list for a heart and liver.  She's hoping to get on the transplant list in California because there just isn't enough donors in this area.  It is difficult to watch her health decline.  She's frail.  As I have told people, if any other organs fail she will no longer be able to get a transplant.  Please continue to pray for Rachael and her husband.  And, pray for us, as a family to know how to best support them.

I'm not sure if I've done a post about my brother who's lost limbs to tumors. I couldn't find a post so I'll give a short update:  Up to this point none of the tumors have been cancerous.  He's had a long road since elementary school. Tumors showed up in his left foot and would return shortly after being removed.  His leg was amputated his senior year of high school and he's had a long road of recovery to get to the point in which he's now walking with a new prosthetic leg!  His niece and nephew love to count his fingers and toes...he has 5 toes and 9 fingers.  Yes, the tumors have started showing up in his hand and so far he's lost a pinky.  Obviously, we hope he doesn't lose anymore but these tumors are quite aggressive.  He continues to have a positive attitude about his situation, which is one of the things I love dearly about him!

One of the many shirts I've made for my brother.  Although this picture doesn't do it justice, when he wears it  I think this is my favorite one.  These shirts are easy to make, but I can post about that another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment