Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Makeover: Postpartum PT Discharged and Working out!



I have some exciting news to share:  After 2 months of physical therapy I have been discharged! Celebration dance over here!!

For the first time in my life I finally feel that I've had success with physical therapy.  Now, in no way do I think my low back issues are gone.  However, I'm stronger and have exercises to do at the gym.  I was told to come back if needed because life happens and my hamstrings are tight (darn genetics!).

For those of you that have kiddos, I highly recommend finding a gym that provides childcare if it fits into your budget. Either that or swap childcare with a friend.  It is so worth it for me right now!  I go to the gym, drop my kids off in the childcare area, and head to the cardio equipment.  After 30 minutes of interval training on the eliptical machine, I do my 30 minutes of physical therapy exercises. 

Once my workouts are finished and I pick up my kiddos(who are just as happy as I am...yup even my 6 month old is all smiles!), I'm in a much better place to take on the world!  My back feels much better, I'm getting my workouts done AND all this is giving me energy to get housework done, do projects and enjoy my kiddos.  I even went grocery shopping last night and enjoyed being pain free!

That's all I have time to share for now, but stay tuned next week..I'm hoping to have pictures of all the pt exercises that are now part of my workout routine.



Links to my other Physical Therapy posts:
May 27th, Postpartum workouts
June 10th: 1st postpartum physical therapy update
July 1: Physical Therapy Update

No comments:

Post a Comment